PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: All you want to know about A380 for CC!
Old 11th May 2009, 08:42
heads_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merged: All you want to know about A380 for CC!

got this email out of nowhere, add this to the FAAA long list of achievement. Majority agrees with FAAA my foot.

THIS IS A TRANSFER OF DISCUSSIONS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON OVER IN THE BFA GROUP.
ABUSIVE PERSONAL EMAILS BY THE USUAL SUSPECTS AND MALCONTENTS OF THIS SWAP GROUP WILL BE IGNORED/DELETED. DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR ENERGY. IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS, POST THEM TO ALL F/A.

If you feel strongly enough about your work options, consider this and share it with your colleagues and the FAAA.

Why offer A380 flying to domestic crew?

Why not offer a nominal number of positions to QAL crew...interview them, train them and then include A380 flying in what we originally thought was included in our 'international LH' flying pool?

Why do we have a surplus of LH crew? ... the ravaging of our patterns by the A380.

The A380 is INTERNATIONAL. .. not DOMESTIC! We have been on the losing end since Qantas bought the domestic TAA/Australian Airlines (an ardent competitor to Qantas, they were the feeder airline to QF's competitors- Ansett was QF's domestic feeder airline)

We must contend with Domestic crew transferring over to LH and then jumping original LH crew in seniority... then why offer to them more of our work!!

Force them to take their LSL and excess leave and other 'leave burn' options.. and include the A380 flying in International flying under a better negotiated deal for LH crew!

There is a better option than what is proposed or enforced upon us by FAAA.

Hands off our work Domestics... we've had enough of you!

Well... obviously there is a lot of disappointment and frustration around our workplace...

YES of course i believe we all agree - that we are all grateful to have a job!.... although that is not to say.... accept unfairness and injustice!!! and on top of that continue to pay fees!

instead of voicing a few emails here that are probably not going to solve much... I wonder? is there a way that you guys "lesnegociants" could organise a petitions?

That at least could be a "formal" testimony from crew that are very disappointed and therefor willing to put their names down in order to put forward negotiations and hopefully constructively achieve something!

...I know I would sign it! ...and i think a lot of other crew would too!

anyway... just a thought!

It`s great to see some of you feel the same but I`m still confused.

What I don`t get is how come Domestic can get access to the A380 when they are all still sitting on massive LSL balances. We all know they were afforded the protection of their Leave by ONE sentence in their award.

I might feel differently if they too had been directed to use their LSL. In Alison Webster`s latest letter she states that Domestic will have to use one roster`s Leave. That`s only one month for them. A drop in the bucket.

It feels as though we in International are making all the concessions.
I was in contact with FAAA Friday. They state that as Executives they get to make the decisions for us Members without consultation or communication with us. Think this is the biggest problem overall. Aren't we members "THE UNION". We all should be able to have voices that our elected officials listen to!!!! Be heard long haul flight attendants. EBA8 was suppose to protect not eradicate our work conditions. Communication is sadly lacking and I agree that it should not be a dictatorship.

Yes the company has fallen on a bad patch, but it has been there before and we long haul flight attendants are always called upon to make sacrifices. Each time we lose and the company keeps gaining. Don't know if you all remember but as part of EBA8, an extra flight attendant was to be put on board Premium economy aircraft. So how can the company and FAAA justify this flight attendant being taken off???

Use your voices and don't forget the General Meetings are coming up in a months time. Check FAAA for dates

wow.....it certainly would appear there is a groundswell of disappointment and bewilderment within the membership by the recent decisions taken by our elected offficials.
I`m kinda reminded of George Orwell`s `Animal Farm` where the pigs took over and started to make all the decisions on behalf of all the other animals.
Their credo `we are all equal... but some of us are more equal than the others` springs to mind when I think of the protection afforded to our very fortunate Domestic colleagues and the seemingly limitless concessions we here in International continue to make.
In their most recent newsletter I noted with interest the FAAA`s use of the word `tribalism` when talking about the Divisions. I guess it serves them to slap such a label on what really is just loyalty to our own, and an interest in self-preservation.
Perhaps we SHOULD get a petition together just as someone suggested. Afterall, as John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols once said...without our opinions we are nothing more than slaves.
Safe flying.

The thing that really irks me the most is the line from the FAAA memo that reads:

"...and for those of us that may have been angered by past decisions and actions of our Short Haul colleagues for whatever reasons, this should square the books as far as I am concerned"

This should "square away" S/H agreeing that we get less pay than they do when we transfer across, and later signing up to do our regional flying for less money? This squares away nothing! If they were so wonderful they'd just take their leave and be quiet, not try to make themselves heroes in the process and then go on to work the A380.