PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2009, 06:26
Runway101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generalspecific, you should be able to figure out the price from the Raven 1 Operation Cost sheet at the RHC web site.

Engine overhaul $29,200
Hour Aircraft Overhaul Parts Kit $110,000
Labor 240 Manhours @ $70 per hour

Some service centers will be able to do it cheaper, and I am sure the above is not complete. If you do it at RHC you'll have to ship the bird to Torrance, but it goes straight back into the production line.

Does the HKAC actually rebuild their ships? I remember a year ago or two there was an overhauled R22 (WE or WD?), but not sure who was doing it.

As for the bag tanks for the back seats, I have done extensive research a year ago and found that there are a few places that can do it, but again if your ship is not N or C registered you'll have to go through the paperwork with the CAD by yourself as there is no STC available. You could build one by yourself by ordering the bag tanks, hoses, pump, batteries and manual emergency pump etc and just fiddle around a bit. Some countries have regulations on ferry tanks that allow you to install temporarily without STC, but somebody else might know more about this...

Last edited by Runway101; 11th May 2009 at 07:28. Reason: fixed typos