PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 22:10
Bambe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if ATP has re-opened, it is simply because of a massive lack of cadets... There is less and less people arrriving in NZ every month, mainly due to finance problems...

I would think twice, especially for those who currently hold a MCC, you may find yourself spending another 5-10k for a desapointing result.
The only employment opportunities CTC now has is a summer deal with EZY. As, us cadets, are totally free for the first 6 months, EZY will never hire anyone else than cheap cadets for its high season.. That's exactly what's happening at the moment and I don't see why it would change.
If you can afford a FI rating with a kind of job after go for it, otherwise contact any ground service company, thay may need some dispatcher for the summer. You'll keep in touch with the industry and use your money to keep current.

And finally, be aware that airlines mainly recruit during the late winter time, so it's pointless to start anything now.
Well this is my opinion, I am a CTC cadets and it already doesn't seem very bright for us!!
Best of luck