PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pressure on Engineering
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 21:35
h3dxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jar 66

M.A.403 Aircraft defects
(a) Any aircraft defect that hazards seriously the flight safety shall be rectified before further flight.
(b) Only the authorised certifying staff, according to M.A.801(b)1, M.A.801(b)2 or Part-145 can decide, using M.A.401
maintenance data, whether an aircraft defect hazards seriously the flight safety and therefore decide when and which
rectification action shall be taken before further flight and which defect rectification can be deferred. However, this
does not apply when:
1. the approved minimum equipment list as mandated by the competent authority is used by the pilot; or,
2. aircraft defects are defined as being acceptable by the competent authority.
(c) Any aircraft defect that would not hazard seriously the flight safety shall be rectified as soon as practicable, after the
date the aircraft defect was first identified and within any limits specified in the maintenance data.
(d) Any defect not rectified before flight shall be recorded in the M.A.305 aircraft maintenance record system or

M.A.306 operator's technical log system as applicable.

When a pilot is not reporting, he violates JAR OPS and loses his job.
When a engineer is not reporting ,he loses his license.

I don't want to lose my license for the peanuts I earn.
When I have any doubts I ground a plane, doesn't matter from where the pressure comes from....................