PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 00:26
NicKM91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

I'm also hoping to get the call to go up to tamworth sometime soon, having passed the testing stages and the initial interview, i have recently been advised that my file will soon be/is on its way/ is already at Tamworth.

A bit about myself, I'm 17, in year 12 at school in Sydney. I currently am flying GA at bankstown, and recently passed my GFPT, I am now in the process of being endorsed on a warrior and then i'm wanting to begin some aeros and tailwheel training.

My main area of concern is public speaking for the OSB, and also I know that I'll be required to perform an oral presentation without notes. Being 17 and still in school, apart from the odd assessment speech, I have little experience in speaking to an audience, especially under the pressure i'll face at OSB. I get the usual nerves prior to and during speaking but to the point where sometimes it inhibits my ability to effectively deliver the speech. I'm working with my dad (he works in advertising and marketing) and he is helping me to feel confident when talking infront of others and giving me tips and techniques to make it a bit easier for me. Do any of you have any other tips or methods which helped you, and hopefully will help me to build up my confidence, as, being an officer role, speaking effectively to others is one thing I will need to be competent in.

I'm also applying for ACO (3rd preference) and I have the OSB for it in mid to late may (date still to be confirmed). Were i to perform poorly in this OSB, how would it reflect on my chances for the pilot OSB at Tamworth? Of course my aim is to go well at the OSB for ACO, however i'm sure there'll be some areas i need to improve on, and this will help me to prepare for the pilot OSB.

Thanks

Nick