PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 07:12
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot of you need to go see a therapist or something because you are not making sense. You are deluded. You will ruin your families lives. You are absolutely mad. But hey, at least YOU will get your little hoilday in New Zealand flying aeroplanes, get some time expiring licenses and be able to say you tried. I wouldn't hire any of you to fly a plane, you demonstrate SERIOUS Confirmation Bias ( refers to our tendency to seek evidence that will confirm our own opinion, or ignore or devalue that which does not. See also: Analysis, Intelligence analysis.
)- it's like navigation: don't convince yourself you are somewhere you want to be, you are where you are - even if it is 'lost'.

It says nothing about the quality of the individual, and everything about the state of the industry and the type of people who hold management positions in airlines like easyjet.
Absolutely right.

All the "who's the best pilot" cp you saw in Top Gun doesn't count for anything when you are trying to keep a job in the real world.
Yeah, you don't get much better than first time, first series passes in every flight test and over 90% average in ATPLs all with first time passes like most people I know have and still absolutely nothing. It is irrelevant. It couldn't be more meaningless.

Mattyh1986, one minute you are saying should you do the selection or not, the next you are saying anyone who says that it is a VERY bad idea, is just being negative. Do what you like mate, I am just offering the harsh reality.

Alot of wannabes need to get real. Whether you do the training or not ALOT of you, whether you do your training at OAA, FTE, Cabair or EVEN AMAZING, WONDERFUL CTC are going to stay as just that - a wannabe. It's nothing personal, it's just life.

Now go and get your loans boys and girls because you wont have taken a blind bit of notice, you know best and your gut feeling is always right. Everything always goes to plan and you CAN change the world by the power of positive thought.

Seriously though, good luck to all of you, you WILL need it by the ton.