PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 14:06
Canoehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough already.

This J. Hari guy has written some drivel not even fit for the National Inquirer. From his opening paragraphs about Shaik Mohammed looking down on everyone from every other building to the South Africans beating up their maids to Canadians living in Range Rovers, the only thing worse than the content of his article is the people regurgitating it on pprune. Oh, and let's not forget his journalistic integrity by going to Double Decker's to ask the inebriated patrons what they think about Dubai. Right on!

Now in no way do I want to make light of the the unfortunate and miserable living conditions of many of Dubai's poor. However, anyone of us can write gut wrenching stories about the plight of the suppressed, oppressed and forgotten underclass in any country, first, second or third world. And remember, the evil is not all in Dubai, it starts back in India, or Sri Lanka, or the Philippines, where the uneducated are screwed by their own, by promises of riches and a bright future for just a small cash deposit.

Shadenfreude seems to be the sport of the moment, where all the armchair quarterbacks are gleefully sitting back in their trailerparks, rubbing their hands together, saying "Ha, I knew it, I told you so!" Most have probably never even been to Dubai. Or those that have probably ran away with their tails between their legs, blaming others for their own failures. Same same.