PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Working on the A380
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 10:16
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
argus - simply bringing up some points re the A380 with someone other than QF.

And you ask about consistancy - consistancy was one word that was bought up about why McDonalds is so successful - sure it's crap food but you know what your going to get in Bondi or Paris. Thats exactly why SQ is successful, not because it's like McDonalds, but they always offer the same 'standard'. QF is like a corner fish shop - could be an excellent experience or you could end up with food poisioning!

I agree - flying is cheap and to be honest I don't care that much about who or where I travel with - as long as it gets me where it says on the ticket - BUT these days the passengers(us) have a BIG choice of airlines and service standards - if 2 airlines have the same airfare who are you going to go with - the one with the better reputation!

As for the other - A380 IMHO pisses over the 777 to ride on - to me there is nothing that amazing about the 777 over a 767 or a 747. A380 is just so much quieter it's out of this world compared to anything made by Boeing.

Orangputi - I guess I was trying not to trash QF too badly because I know some FAs at QF that are some of the better ones!