PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 - Tailstrike YMML 20 March
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 16:48
fly737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 laptops or 2 EFB’s, 2 pilots, 2 calculations, and then we compare….sorry guys, that’s the way it should be….and not as per the company policy.
In my 3 previous Cie we were calculating manually all the speeds and it was working perfectly.
I personally had the numbers in my head before having them out of the book, but apparently with all the SUPER trainers and wonderful rocket scientist in the office it’s impossible, it has to be close to the KNOTS and don’t forget to read your mistakes with a good T/O review….where absolute no X-checks are done.
You all know that the weight on the load sheet is never the exact one, so why are we stressing the procedure like that, have a gross number in your head and finalize it with a computer, then a GOOD X-check between both pilots.
In no time the CM1 has to do the calculation himself with the computer …do you think it’s normal??
When you are really tired/ or not, the only way to have a good “feeling” of the numbers is to PUT IT YOURSELF in the computer and again the CM1 never does it or I have to say, doesn’t have to do it according to the book.

Do you remember the movie ARMAGEDDON? It was starting like that:

It happened before, it will happen again, it’s just a question of WHEN…..