PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 23:46
Flyt3est

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another accident thread that descends into "everyone keep quiet blah blah, press vultures blah blah pilots code blah blah" What a load of self righteous BS.

Damn sure if I croaked, I doubt my brother or mum and Dad would be surfing pprune in the aftermath anyway...

And before anyone mentions grief, I have been in the position of facing the press following the death of a close one, and yes I kept my trap shut, but for no other reason than at the time I had no interest in TV, newspapers or anything else. I had no interest in reading newspaper reports or TV stories about the accident. My choice, I knew where the story would be discussed and chose to avoid it. I think most people are savvy enough to make the same choice, either you want to know or you don't.

This is supposed to be an aviation forum for open annonymous discussion is it not? I am amazed at how many people are Type Rated on "What is in public interest and what is not" The thread title is pretty specific.. Isn't it inviting comment specific to accident related information? You could always just ban such threads, that will save a lot of arguments.

And I thought we lived in a democracy with freedom of speech..