PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Kings and Cereals...
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 14:48
dmanton300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Jimma - Spheroid is right - there is a RADS(AT)-RN kit fitted - as well as the HUMS RTB AOBT obviously fitted in the little black box. And yes it is a 6 bladed TRH, therefore 'normal' Mk4, and yes Ox (nice to see you are well - 20 yrs in Sep...), the Bifilar (dual pendulum vibration absorber) and properly tuned battery mounting system that Carson swear by in their S-61's, does work, having flown it, and yes, it would be very nice to get it fitted...."

Fair one, I did some basic counting and some even more basic trig and came up with five blades on the tail rotor, must look again (Or brush up on my trig, I think we know which!). Question on the vibration absorber. . . . I'm given to understand that it weighs a fair bit (well over 1,000lbs fitted). . . does this not eat into the Carson "2,000lbs extra lifting capacity" claim significantly? Not in and of itself an issue if the other benefits of the blades are THAT convincing, but just something I've wondered about in relation to the Carson wundablade.