PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 13:18
Lou Scannon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"HIMS is an occupational substance abuse treatment program, specific to commercial pilots, that coordinates the identification, treatment and return to the cockpit of impaired aviators.

It is an industry-wide effort in which companies, pilot unions, and FAA work together to preserve careers and further air safety.

HIMS - A Substance Abuse Treatment Program For Commercial Pilots"

I have just seen this on another thread. It throws much light on the way in which the United Pilot was treated, supported by his company and his suspended sentence awarded.

With the British case: I hear that the CAA have done their best for Patrick in giving him his licence back following his full admission, paying for his own "drying out" and earning medical reports in his favour.

I have no doubt that the 10 year suspension "on security grounds" will be lifted after due consideration.

That only leaves TUI's positive contribution to this jail sentence where their motives in not offering any support will contrast with the US model and the CAA humane consideration of the medical facts.

It will leave many of us wondering whether there are side issues that TUI pilot management haven't mentioned such as the need to reduce pilot numbers in this economic depression.

TUI pilots must be left with a less than warm feeling when they have any problems.