PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tomorrows RAF today
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 19:12
TAC Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomorrows RAF today

With the government looking at modernising the monarchy is not now the perfect time to bring the RAF into the 21st century?
I have spent 17 years with the Royal Air Force and I am 4th generation British military. I have seen the RAF change completely and have spoken with very senior officers down to new recruits. I have had ground jobs, Ops jobs and completed flying tours. I have worked on Ops in support of Ground assets and have cried for the loss of friends and colleagues. I feel I have experienced a great deal the RAF has to offer and so I feel I post this thread from a position of relative authority.

Therefore I feel the RAF needs to modernise to bring its public profile into sharp contrast to the other services. One way to facilitate this change I feel would be to embrace a new RAF theme tune. I have searched for a tune that sums up our abilities as a fighting force and as one of the world’s premium Air Forces.

So after months of searching I have finally found it. Its modern (ish) and it somehow manages to convey the way we work and the leadership we receive through the medium of music. Please listen to the whole track and ignore the video as it’s the only link I could find (in 2 minutes). I can honestly see a flight of the Royal Air Force marching past Buck house with the band of the Royal Air Force accompanying them playing this tune. Especially if our Lords and masters could lead the parade although that would mean changing how we march and this may be a step too far too soon. It makes my heart beat faster and brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

Some of you will not understand why have chosen this track. But I honestly think that most of you currently serving in all of the services and even some jonnie foreigners will immediately see the genius of my discovery. If we all agree maybe we can start a petition.

For those of you that will pick on the spelling and grammar and totally miss the point of this thread I would like to dedicate the music to you also.
To everyone on Ops stay safe come home soon.
Happy Christmas im off to open another bottle of wine

YouTube - The Benny Hill Show Theme Tune