PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 18:32
Da Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedmarque I don't know what planet you are living on.......

Everything costs more from eggs to bread to rent to mortgages. Why should we take home less pay when the cost of living keeps going up?
Rents are down 6% where I live and falling. Mortgages are also falling, a typical 100k mortgage has reduced by £300, unless of course you tied into a fixed rate RPI is falling and so is inflation.

I don't think for one moment that BA want everything on their "wish list" as presented by BASSA, rather each "wish" comes with a cost saving tag.

You can also assume that with such a wish list, the company have thought about the cost of industrial action v some form of compromise, but I have a strong feeling they will get some of what they want.

Equally I have just spent the afternoon chatting with an HR director for a large travel conglomerate, she could see no legal basis for strike action over the setting up another new fleet, and she pointed to the old AML contract at LGW, there are of course some proviso were BA to try and "force" some people to join the new fleet, but like everything the high court may disagree