PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA and JQ
Thread: AIPA and JQ
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 01:16
WoodenEye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for having to publicly disagree with you Don, but can confirm that every since I was a elected to AIPA's COM in 1999, I can recall many attempts by AIPA to unite Australian Pilots. Yes! some committees were keener than others I admit, and some Presidents more obstructive than others.

But this doesn't change the fact that little portrayed in the media is absolutely accurate and much of what is written on Pprune and/or Qroom is simply pitifully wrong.

Notwithstanding, implementation of an Opportunity List is the most obvious way to provide the best career for all Qantas Group Pilots. IMHO, if it isn't implemented, all Qantas Group pilots will lose when the relevant law eventually allows Qantas to base its aircraft offshore and crew them with whomever.

Fortunately all is not lost. There is vey good reason for Management, Pilots and Engineers to work together but just like pilots, management aren't united in their view either. Hopefully the Government will ensure common sense prevails all round. If they can’t, regretfully it is airline employees, not shareholders, who have got the most to lose.