PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Cessna seatbelts - GA
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2009, 17:06
NutLoose

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,168 Posts
I have the full ATP Cessna Single Library on DVD it is current BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!!!!! and the page which you are referring to and I know about already shows this, as you can see its change 4 BUT NO LIFE LIMIT SHOWN........ now it covers the 177 series, so though you check either the A or B it brings up the same manual, also in the seat belt servicing section, it too gives no life limit. The Manual IS giving 7/ 2000 as the last ammended date WTF are we paying for!!!!!!!

Definately in all of the current SE Cessna service manuals I have (Most of 100/200 series). Same section gives lives for trim tab actuator (3 years/1000 hour OVERHAUL), vac filter (500 hours), Vac hoses (10 years), pitot and static system hoses (10 years), Engine hoses (10 years for teflon, 5 for rubber), Air filter (500 hours/36 months), Engine control cables (at TBO), Vac pump coupling (6 years or vac pump change), dry vac pump (500 hours), standby vac pump (500 hours). Passenger, pilot and co-pilot restraint assemblies - 10 years.
#

Don't forget on the likes of a 152 changing all the rubber brake hoses every 5 years and EVERY seal in the brake system, that means stripping the lot down!

Tempest Vac pumps do not need the 500 Hr life I believe as it has an inspection window for wear.

Additionally if its called up in the manual as items like tappets are, then it's 100 hrs NOT 150 hrs as before..

The only way around this is to write a maintainance schedule and get it approved, thought about calling mine CAA/LAMS/A/2007