PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Cessna seatbelts - GA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 05:06
NutLoose

Received 2,820 Likes on 1,202 Posts
I have had belts rewebbed in the past and it is a lot cheaper, but it depends on the make, Pacific Scientific can be rewebbed by them in the UK see

Pacific Scientific

Amsafe not sure about but try

Amsafe Aviation (UK) - U.K.

You don't tell me the aircraft model or make BTW so I am a bit limited in what I can help you with..

Part M to be honest just sucks....... It is so full of holes you could drive a legal horse and cart through them........ define manufacturer... Cessna I believe gives the Aerobat belts a 5 year life, but the makers of the belts if I am right do not.

Cessna as the Aircraft manufacturer tell you you must do the valve guide inspections in accordance with Lycomings SB, now if it is a later guide that tells you to extend it to 1000 Hrs, but the EASA AD tells you to ignore it.....
But on the other hand EASA part M tells you you must go with the Aircraft manufacturers recommendation...... Bit of a chicken and egg situation......

Cessna on a 152 give a life of 5 years on the brake hoses.. but if you do a really critical search you will find a newsletter issued in 1985 telling you if it has the teflon hoses installed they are on condition and they will update the manual presently...........................24 years later and I am still awaiting the manual being corrected............ such is Cessna!

Last edited by NutLoose; 8th Mar 2009 at 05:24.