PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - foreign carriers based in US
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 11:49
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA base... or living there...?

Hola Atila -
xxx
What I understand (I am a smart fox) is that you look for an airline job to "get you" a way to get a USA visa. Getting a job like that, might not be easy by itself. Many crews (from the USA or other countries) try to get, not alone such jobs, but such bases as well...
xxx
There is a much easier solution for you. You are Icelandic citizen.
There are a few pilots and flight attendants, I would say many, who live in USA without a "green card". Many of which call Florida their home.
xxx
If you arrive in USA as passenger, you present your passport and get a visa for a 90 days period. (I-94 or I-94W) and you have the right to rent or even to buy a house or an apartment, have a car, and "live there". You just need to get out of the USA before 90 days. I have a friend, who is from Iceland, and lives doing so, near Los Angeles, he owns a house there.
xxx
The pilots I know who do like that, spend some 10-15 days at home, near Miami, Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando, then they fly their 2 or 3 weeks with their airline, then come back for their days OFF. As easy as that. Just do not stay more than 90 days in a row. As an airline crewmember, easy to achieve.
xxx
A "green card"...? - Call it "Mission Impossible"...

Happy contrails