PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 vacancies
Thread: A320 vacancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 11:13
CaptWUFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type Rating

I think it is absolutely ridiculous for anybody to critisize somebody for going out and getting a type rating. Like any profession (Doctor, Lawyer, Businessman etc) school and degrees are required to reach their objective in life. Those who critized only do so because they don't have the money, or are not willing to invest in their career. Everybody has a different situation. I can see, however, how people would dislike the FO programs where people pay to work. That is completely different, now you are just paying to be a pilot, rather then paying to become a pilot.

Furthermore, If you pay for your own training, you are not obligated to any training contract (or a much smaller training contract), and therefore have the abilitiy to leave and look for other positions should the airline start going in the wrong direction. The 13-15,000 USD that is invested is easily recouped after a few months at a good airline.

I would think this forum is to help and gather advice from our fellow aviators, not to put people down for investing in their own future. Just my two cents.

+ Rate, Gear up!

CaptWUFF