PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 12:13
C.C.C.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galeota Point, Trinidad, 1986-7 - People

Who remembers Ozzie (?), one of our finest radio operators & hangar odd job man? Gave me my CCC nickname. Security Guards at the terminal gates could not cope with my surname so they called me Mr Cranes instead.

On the left, Tony Vieira.
The brainchild of Captain H. Anthony Vieira, Hummingbird Helicopter Services Limited commenced actual operations in 1996, offering contract Helicopter Pilot services to Bristow (Caribbean) Limited.
Cannot remember the name of the engineer whose leaving do this was - was it Don xxx ?

There were several Rum Shops / Bars around the Mayaro area where one could 'wet your whistle' after a long day. Here we see Dave Tye, John Nielson, Ray Farnes & Terry Carter (?) enjoying a Carib or two. The venue was Angie's Bar, Guayaguayare, which as the tail rotor blade top right proves, was a favourite with the engineers.

Having a beach on the door step of the crew houses led to some fine 'Sundowner' sessions. Here we have a Rum & Coke evening with Dave Simpson, Alistair Hutcheon & Ray Farnes. I did not drink rum, but occasionally took part in the Pina Colada evenings which lead to a visit by the 'Gorilla' the next morning!

And who has heard of the famous 'Yellow Submarine' Rum Run?