PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distance Education, Universities (online) suitable for a pilot lifestyle
Old 24th Feb 2009, 21:27
BigJoeRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I am actually considering the MSc program in Aviation Science with Embry-Riddle, anyone with any experiences of them at all ?"

Embry-Riddle gave me 35 credits for my A&P and A&C; when I tried to transfer into a four year college as an economics major, they told me I was 35 credits short because my A&P is "too aviation specific" and thus in their eyes not directly transferrable to their liberal arts economics program.

"How many of you are studying online for a degree and what is your experience with your school?"

Did an online MBA program with Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh School of Business which was a disappointment. I passed the economics, accounting and OB sections, but in reality, I didn't think they'd enhanced anything I'd learnt from my previous education efforts or management experience so I dropped it.

I've gone back to college but via weekend courses at a bricks and mortar old school ....er school.

That said..........you pays yer money and you takes yer choice............