PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF and A400M at risk?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 22:12
herkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a time, when I was serving with the RAAF, that the RAF had a good uplift capacity, was a force to be proud of.

Since then we have seen the reduction in capacity of the RAF, fall greatly on the C130. Yes there are other frames there have have done a good job, but they are all rapidly falling by the way.

The A400M was I presume supposed to resolve this issue, and if it had arrived on time, and achieved the specifications all would have been well.

But the aircraft is late, very late and now does not appear to enter service for at least three years.

The prototype has not flown, so we the users are unable to tell with accuracy, that it will do the job.

Running out of airframes must also mean that crews will be hard pressed to remain current, and some in disgust will leave.

For the life of me, I cannot see how the MOD can expect the RAF to carry out this role, without the equipment to do so.

I think it is very sad, and a direct reflection of the MOD, that at least in the cargo type roles, the RAF has been allowed to run down to the stage that it has, with every chance that it will get worse.

All the talk in the world, will not make up for the fact that we are short, very short on capacity to do the tasks. What is sadder is that the MOD does not appear to have a plan to fix it, and to fix it quickly.

Air Forces of the world, aimen of the worlde deserve better than this.

Regards

Col