PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 09:40
Mark_1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey flighthappens,

It is true, all i've ever wanted to become is an Air Force pilot, however in the past i never really thought I had it in me. I always thought the odds were stacked against me, but I've come to realize over the past year or so that I wont get anywhere with an attitude like that. Look lets just if given the choice, either fighter pilot or Airline pilot, I'd most definately choose to fly for the air force. It was cemented in my mind back then that I either took one road or the other, and going through the air force would of been at the time, taking a fairly big risk. I then started university and grew up a bit, learned how to juggle tasks and finally decided that I'd try out for the air force whilst attending uni. I do want the air force, but if I don't make it I also want something to fall back on.

Yeah look i'm very grateful to have been selected for FSP, though i'm a fairly anxious guy, and that's the reason i'd asked. I like to know the reason behind things, but no your absolutely right in what you say haha

Mate I don't really like to show it, but yes I'm extremely nervous as every little minute of my time down in Tamworth counts. I can't sleep and i find it hard to concentrate right at this moment as all I'm ever thinking about is getting through. I s'pose though, all that can be done is to take one step at a time, try your best and if all prevails good stuff (Y), if not then it wasn't meant to be. Haha i've read through every single page on this post by the way.

Yeah look i'm going into this in the frame of mind that it's not a competition rather how well an individual works in a team and contributes in anyway possible.

Thanks for all the support flighthappens...

Cheers,
Mark

p.s. anyone with any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated