PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF - if we lose it to save £9bn, we'll be using Typhoon...
Old 13th Feb 2009, 13:52
ro1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"forum where at least a few of the participants must have first hand knowledge of who, and where, we’re likely to be fighting over the next 30 years"

I didn't realise our conributors had super powers.

And I didn’t realise you’re word-blind when it comes to the word ‘likely’…

The point being, preparing to project air power *splutter* with aircraft carriers equipped with super-duper carbon magic machines means nothing to a guy with a belief and an rpg launcher. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you have to fight him (And do you really have to fight him? Why? Is there a better way to get what you want or to keep him happy?) fight the way he chooses. Out the back of a Toyota pickup, using innovative tactics and without much in the way of mercy.

Doing so will cost slightly less than 9 billion, you don’t have to stress over collateral damage caused by your latest laser guided toy going haywire, and it makes the bad guy think twice before launching his own personal jihad.

But it was just a thought. I’ll let you get back to the flying-carbon-toy-fest now…’cos, yes, the F35 / Navalised Eurofighter clanging off a carrier is sure going to save us from all the evil in the world.

*sigh*