PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions for mature students who did Oxford Aviation Integrated.
Old 12th Feb 2009, 23:17
CharlieLima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Info

Great Information guys really appreciate it, thanks a lot for taking the time to respond. Also It seems you all got on pretty well which is very nice to hear.

Just to respond to the question from hollingworthp about why would someone be intimidated by a younger bunch, basically for just that reason, they're younger - fresher - more agile. In a sense that they are usually straight from school or college so they are probably in that zone - used to studying(and probably remember a lot of helpful material), used to classrooms, used to drinking sessions - so when you get a little bit older it might be harder to catch up with them in those arenas.

Personally I'm going to order the maths and physics refresher so at least academically I'm pruned so to speak. I guess its a fear of under performing or at least appearing to be under performing while standing next to some hot shots. Im sure there is plenty of Ford / Ferrari analogies and what not i could use, but you get the idea, nothing to be overly worried about, its just a concern and i think a fairly natural one at that. Also it's one I'm accustomed to; having started an engineering degree some years prior. Albeit a different, larger and more competitive environment, it was not an easy transition at the time. All things considered maybe "intimidated" is the wrong word here, i use that loosely. Anyway good on ye for spotting it, it makes me think about it more and expand on the reasons a bit. If you still think its worrisome to be concerned about such matters perhaps expand on why you think so too, perhaps your right!

Any more info from you OAA' ers would be very cool, really helpful stuff.

Last edited by CharlieLima; 12th Feb 2009 at 23:36.