PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Athan Grob Aircraft Crash In Wales
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 19:33
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was an ATC Cadet from 1961 - 1965 after which I joined the RAF as an Officer Cadet at 18 and became a Pilot. My Father was Chairman of the ATC Sqn Committee and my Mother ran the "Canteen". My youngest Brother worked his way up the ranks to CWO and then obtained a VR/T Commission. I was ACLO at Abingdon for 2 years and at Manby for 3 years - I take great exception to the suggestion that I show a lack of respect and understanding of the Cadet Organisation at this tragic time.

The BOI will be on its way to investigate this tragedy and it is incumbent on us all to let the BOI carry out its investigation without outside interference or hindrence. The last thing that is needed at this time is another "Walter" - although it appears that some "explanations" are already being aired. The Press will carry Articles exposing shortcomings in AEF standards of Maintenance and Airmanship; calling for the disbandment of the Air Cadet Organisation as well as the ACF, Sea cadets, RM Cadets and anything else they can call to mind.

This is a sad day for all of us - but let us not forget that those who tragically lost their lives did so doing what they yearned to do. It is no consolation - but it may at least ease the pain.