PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 15:28
DPD_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric and cliffnemo

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. There have been a few 'hair raising' events for sure. Fixed wing engine failure and landing gear problems. Being shot at twice in the Police helicopter. I'll look for a thread on this web site where I might add a story or two.

The Board of Director's meeting for the No1 B.F.T.S. Museum is tomorrow, Feb 9Th. I will tell the other Board members about this site and I'm sure they will be very interested. The curator of the museum, Mr. Henry Medgwick, was as student at the Terrell Flight School. I believe he was in Course 4 but will find out for sure tomorrow. He moved back to Terrell Texas after the war, married a local girl and raised a family there. The web site I mentioned contains several photos. Plus I will try my hand at adding one to this thread.

It is interesting to read the stories and comments from you gentleman who are 'across the pond'. Some of the terms and abbreviations you use I am not familiar with but I can catch most of what you're saying.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your post on this thread.

Al

Last edited by DPD_Pilot; 8th Feb 2009 at 17:02. Reason: correction