PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 21:49
regle

Cliff and blunt or sharp

Cliff, I agree that we do seem to "meld". Perhaps we should get together and write a book, alternating chapters ? The thing that stands out , for me, in your threads is the terrific technical knowledge that comes out so strongly and your technical explanations of various subjects make me green with envy. When I was tested by the examining flight of the Empire Flying School for my instructor's grading I was given an A2 and the examiner told me that I would have got the coveted A1 had my technical knowledge been of the same standard as my flying. I used to think that if you could'nt do something about an emergency then it was'nt worth wasting time swotting up the whys and wherefores of that particular subject. How wrong I was ! I always leaned to the classical side of my grammar school education, was hopeless at Maths, Science, Carpentry and all things practical and remained like that all my life. It takes all sorts to make the world and I would rather prefer the comparison to a sword for us as it is two edged with no sharp or blunt aspects. Get my point ! Reg.