PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey
Thread: Guernsey
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2009, 14:51
Ayline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the airport firemen up to the job seeing as they seem to suffer a disportionate amount of sickness? When I think about my place of work, there is seldom any sickness - maybe just 1 or 2 days a year per person. The firemen are a disgrace to our island, they knew what the pay was before they took on the job and they are free like the rest of us to move jobs if they don’t like the pay and conditions. They obviously don’t care about the travelling public who pay their wages or the damage caused to the island as a whole. In the current climate they are lucky to have jobs. There many people in the UK who would dearly love to have a secure job such as they have. I am not a great fan of Flybe however I fully support Flybe on this. They went to the trouble of chartering an Aer Arann ATR-72 this weekend for the sole purpose of operating flights to/from Guernsey. Isn’t it convenient that the sickness has increased still further this weekend to the point where cover is down to CAT 4 resulting in ATRs being unable to operate. Maybe next weekend Flybe will charter a fleet of Jetstreams - if that happens watch out for even more sickness! Sack the lot of them I say.