PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India- A New Chopper Destination
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 09:27
McGowan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent a month there last year.
Loved every minute of with the exception of the two days I couldn't be more than three steps away from the toilet. Worst case of the poops I've every had, ate Imodium like they were tick tacks and when I eventually farted air and not liquid, I was high fiving myself all over the place. But that's a whole nuther story as they say...............
Very good company, private operation, good aircraft, well maintained and looked after. The local pilot I was with was good at his job and made my time there enjoyable. I never felt threatened or in danger at any time, even on a dark night skulking around by myself trying to find the tiny shop that sold beer. Everybody I met or delt with was happy, kind, indulgiant of a fat dumb white boy in a strange country. They are all very patriotic and will give you an Indian history lesson at the drop of a hat.
The money was good, as was promised, and they organised all the required paperwork.
Given the chance, I would go again for the same people.
My only advice if you are looking at going there is to do your homework and check with other expat pilots over there. There are a couple of shonky mobs to stay clear of. Use this forum to your advantage, plenty of pilots will give an opinion.