PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 21:43
Juzz51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if you took my post the wrong way Mari, I obviously should've also mentioned that I am HAPPY working for Emirates and there are a lot of good points, but it's easier to point out the bad. And there's nothing crew love more than to complain.

I'm sorry that you feel as though you've been passed over for promotion because you are not from Australia or the UK. It's sad to see that you have a pre-conceived notion that all English speaking crew are lazy, I imagine that working with you would be a nightmare when you already hate us all.

Try not to pull the wool over your own eyes though, yes our conditions are pretty good compared to others, however we are only learning less and less each year. The standard 3% increase in salary each year doesn't come close to matching the rate of inflation. Emirates realise that they can pay us less and less without and real repercussions, and all we can do is sit back and take it. I'm sorry, but where I come from, these type of things are NEGOITABLE, but here, should we dare to speak up, we'll be forced to resign most likely. Yes I knew all this before coming to the Middle East, but still, it's annoying, and I choose to complain about that.

Also for your information, yes I had work experience before coming to Emirates, 7 years worth, and I also speak 3 languages.

Please don't assume I don't treat others with respect, I do. Yes I know the security guards in my building, the bus drivers on my route, the guys at the local supermarket etc...No I don't expect a call from Tim Clarke, but being treated like a number, and being watched everywhere we go is a bit annoying. I mean really, why do we need to swipe our ID cards to get to any part of the new HQ, why do they need to know where we're going, at what time, etc?

Anyway, EK is still a great company to work for, but for how much longer? It should be a lot better.