View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 17:30
Rightbase

Forget all-in-one printers. Slow, poor quality...

I thought so too, but then a couple of years ago I got a Brother DCP120C all-in-one at work. It is a lovely machine and the first printer I have seen that made me want one! I have bought its successor for home - DCP540CN which can be connected to a home network for anybody to use.

That too is discontinued now, superseded by the DCP560CN. We have several of both of these models at work as well as the 120Cs. And I still love them! So do the support techies, and so do the other users.

These are all stand-alone multi-sheet-feed colour copiers as well as being printer/scanners. Destockers have been seen remaindering them at under 100 delivered.

Or look at this or this (if you're quick enough!) which are fax machines as well. At the prices advertised I would check they really are stand-alone copiers, and if they are, grab one.

Look out for the other gotcha - some similar models are flat bed only, and do not have sheet feed copying.

Watch the model suffixes - C is colour, CN has a wired network connection, CW is for a wireless network.

Last edited by Rightbase; 14th Jan 2009 at 17:34. Reason: watch the suffix