PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2009, 09:11
jb5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how you could possibly call CTC anything other than 'spoon feeding'?!

- Flights/transfers/accommodation to NZ booked for us.
- Flight case containing headset/pens/ruler etc. given to us
- Uniform ordered for us
- PPL theory instruction given
- Mass Briefs at every stage of the course. (Never see that at a PPL school!)
- Each flight's objectives publically available so you knew exactly what to expect
- Laborious solo 'sign out' procedure
- Flight with an instructor every 3 flights during the solo hour building phase
- Online ground school for us to do whenever we wanted to. (Don't forget how everyone moaned when they actually had to come into the airport rather than sit in Clearways and do it).
- Don't even get me started about BGS! That's more duck foie-gras style feeding.
- IR profile after IR profile after IR profile in BOH. I went to Alderney for my IR, my 170A and the two flights before it. (As well as in the sim a month earlier)
- AQC to get us ready for a type rating.

Quote from JM (CP39) : "I just turn up when I'm told and do what I'm told", after revealing he didn't actually know what priviledges an IR would convey.

Yes, I appreciate it was 'hard work', but it was a sausage-factory and the resources available meant that you could get away with thinking about life on a week to week basis, if not day to day.

Personally, I don't see the advantage of making life difficult for yourself and have no opinion as to whether modular or integrated makes you a better pilot.

'Spoon-feeding' is most definitely not an insult, it's just occasionally dished out by the 'you had things easier than me so I'm a bitter old man' brigade. (WWW excepted, of course...!)