PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 13:00
metro_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
current landscape

Firstly... Healy!!!! now there is a name that still freaks me out, for someone who hasnt been around for almost 12 months the fear has not left the building.

secondly MB and AUS, as apposed to the above mentioned i do work at this place at this time and do enjoy it quite a bit, the time to command is very dependant on exp, you could walk into a command if the time was right but i think there might be a number of FO's at least in the dash fleet required but talking to the D8 fleet mgr he is looking for 20 capts and fo's and they are well short there.

We have 3 girls in at present, one metro and one D8, and one c441 in Broome

Recruitment is still on the go i was told today, more capts and fo's starting on the d8 fleet in the next few months and couple on the bras.

staff morale is pretty good throughout both fleets you mentioned and the metro fleet is really pretty good. T&C's have not changed much in the last 12 months and i don’t think people are that concerned about staying a little longer, most people are enjoying the flying, couple have issues with scheduling (which has been going on for years) and also a couple of issues with ops, but really the job is what you make it, and it has potential to be pretty good really.

I think the company is really set well to weather the current economic environment, a lot of the contracts are pretty safe, and any shrinkage would probably be small and suit the company as it is pretty tight for crews.