PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thorney Island Emsworth
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2009, 20:40
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thorney

BOAC,

even if you weren't sure what I was asking, you've answered it - if you were ever an instructor ( I'd suppose definitely in your career, even if not given that title; maybe you were - either way obviously a good one ).

It struck me that it was a radial in the photo', but as someone mentioned he could ' see the tappets ' I thought maybe it was just me so I kept my head down on that one.

It seems likely that more than one aircraft overshot leaving the crew swimming ( I hope ) but there is not a sign of anything now.

At low Spring tides ( I'm sure you know, spring tides go up higher & down lower, thus faster flow, every full & new moon so every 2 weeks; in the weeks in between 'neap' tides go up & down less, with a slower flow, nothing to do with Spring as in season ).

As I say I've been there countless times at low water springs, so unless something is in the centre of the Emsworth Channel - depth at LWS about 2-4 metres, and unlikely as it is scoured by fishing boats - I reckon whatever went in was fully recovered.