PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 00:26
Captain Sand Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call it,

About the fast jet thing WAAY back in this thread - even F111s didn't get a girl driver - she bombed out, couldn't hack the pressure. So good luck to any other aspiring girls - really!!! Hard road and they say that girls are great at all the hand and feet thing - everything except for OCU. The one that made it through to 6SQN just happened to be sleeping with her instructor at OCU - guess that always helps!!
... Just like the ATC chick on the new RAAF accomplished ad who has been sleeping with her married RAAF boss to try and get ahead. He's since left the RAAF for AirNoServices, but you'd think the RAAF would try to avoid such negative publicity.
Mate, be very careful about making such claims. If you are already an ADF member – doubly so! As an ADF member there is a greater chance of adverse consequences should you choose to speak your mind, even on forums such as this! There are some vindictive people around. It’s not right, but it’s a fact!
Schaefer, I don't think BMI matters too much. There were some pretty big boys on my BFTS course and they got to be quite large as it progressed, with no PT and too much canteen food!
If your BMI is over a certain limit (i.e., you’re a fat b*stard!) you will not achieve an aircrew medical. BMI is checked annually, and people have lost their aircrew medicals until they have got their BMIs under control again.
PT is scheduled at least once a week. The mess food is quite good, so that certainly can be a trap if you’re not prepared to exercise accordingly.
They take all sorts of body types.
The ADF do not take all body types for pilot training. There are various body dimensions which if exceeded will mean a risk of injury or death should you eject from a PC9 (advanced trainer). This is true for any ejection seat, i.e. there are limits.
Even those who don’t do a real pilots course (i.e. don’t fly the PC9) are not immune. The Kiowa cockpit is quite neat, and I am aware of a couple of Army students who had to complete their basic helicopter training in the Squirrel at Nowra because they were too tall to fit in the Kiowa.
There were some instructors up there who looked like they'd exceed the MTOW of the aircraft they flew, so I wouldn't worry too much.
BFTS has both ADF and civilian instructors. Civilian instructors are not required to complete an annual physical fitness test like their ADF counterparts. Oh, by the way I see a few pudgy marshmallows masquerading as students here too mate.