PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEA Question
Thread: CEA Question
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2008, 12:05
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall there being 2 initial payment dates as indicated by Rev I. Tin. This was explained on JPA, but I don't recall the reason.

I would be very surprised if your school's Bursar had a problem with payment being a couple of days late. At my kids' schools, I am pretty sure it's only the mil parents who pay on time!

What I don't understand is:

1. Why are there 'windows' within which one has to apply? This is a major, and TOTALLY UNNECESSARY pain in the arse for those deployed in particular.

2. Why do we apply 3 times for each year's allowance?

3. Why, following a person's re-assignment (posting) is one required to prove mobility? Hasn't that just been proved? If everything is already on JPA, why isn't this liability simply a matter of record rather than one having to chase down the poster and beg for a signature at every turn?

4. We have a system that takes 15-20 mins to log-in to (and we are well-off), so checking the Workflow Notifications every hour or so is simply not a reasonable use of time. Why doesn't the JPA Software simply send an email to the normal In-Box so that we know when to go and log-on to JPA?

Bits of JPA are excellent, but most of it is total tripe. Management tool? Bollocks! Oh and don't get me started on the 'little adjustments and changes' that are constantly being made in the interests of consistencey (in favour of the Treasury of course).

Sorry, just got a bit carried away there.

Edited to add: I seem to recall that we were going to be able to access JPA from home at some point - any sign? Thought not.