PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your airline purchased Airbus's lately? read!
Old 25th Nov 2001, 08:57
Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Has your airline purchased Airbus's lately? read!

This is not intended to start a Boeing/Airbus controversy. Having said that, Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that alot of airlines who have recently changed their fleets to primarily Airbus jets seem to be fairing the worst in these tough times? Examples, Swissair flew Douglas's forever, as soon as they went to Airbus, the bottom falls out, ditto for Sabena, Alitalia, Aer Lingus just started a fleet renewal with the A-320's and 330's. Stateside, USAirways buys a boatload of Airbus's and they are teetering on the brink of Chapter 11, ditto with United(I know they have alot of Boeings as well)The only other major US airline operating Airbus's is Northwest, but they seem to be OK. Cathay Pacifac comes to mind, in Asia, as well as Sri-Lanka. BA buys their first batch last year and whammo!! I wonder if there is a curse involved here, or is their perhaps another more rational reason. I'm nervous because my airline bought some this year...seriously, there seems to be too many coincidences.