PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center - pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2008, 22:09
junglie-driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally had a good experience flying with Yuri et al at Riverside and the wife loved it! As the poster above correctly identified, some students require more training than others in order to achieve the required basic standard. Unfortunately there is no prior screening/selection process in civilian flying training, therefore further experience may be required.

Running a busy flying programme is an extremely difficult task. You can't please all the people all the time.

It seems to me that the poster left Riverside a very bitter person, having massively over-flown the hours necessary to achieve the most basic of aviation qualifications. Unfortunately not all candidates are up to the complexities of commercial avaition; whether it be lack of ability or other soft skills, ie CRM.

In a non-comercial environment these candidates would be removed from training, however in a commercial environment the student would just continue to throw money at the problem.

In this extremely difficult time in commercial aviation/flight training and I wish Riverside all the best in the future, I'm sure our paths will cross again in this small world.

To the above poster, if you weren't totally satisfied with the product on offer you should have man'ed up said something earlier or cut your loses and gone to another training establishment. Merry Christmas!