PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 10:19
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tandemrotor,
the MoD, to this day, still have problems locating paperwork.

Taken from a letter, dated 18 Oct 2006, in response to a letter from me:

b. Documentation requests

(i) A copy of the RAF response to Boscombe Down's decision to stop flying
(ii) Any documentation relating to the first suspension of flight trials by Boscombe Down
(iii) A copy of Air Chief Marhsal Wratten's document Disciplinary Proceedings in Aircraft Accidents
(iv) A copy of the January 1995 memo written by Captain Brougham (RN)

(i) to (iv) We have not yet been able to trace a copy of these items of documentation; if they are subsequently found they will be provided to you
Nothing supplied yet.... (pssst - There's a copy of Mr Wratten's document in the House of Lords Library)

There are many more documents (EDS Scicon report to the MoD following their examination of the FADEC software and the third and fourth line engineering reports on the engine changes to ZD576, but to name a few). Again, if they are located, I will be provided a copy.

With regard to legal advice, AA, I received the following answer to a question I posed back in 2005:

"I am sure you will be aware that the Ministry of Defence is permitted to withhold information where an exemption and/or exception are considered justifiable. I am withholding all documentation falling under your request for 'all correspondence between AOC 1Gp, AOCinC HQSTC and DLS(RAF) and also the Treasury Solicitor regarding the legal implications relating to the crash of ZD576' under Section 42 of the FOI Act as this information is subject to Legal Professional Privilege"

I have heard nothing from the MoD since 17 Aug 2007. Perhaps I have upset them.

Thank you all for your support.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook