PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anotther QANTAS CC Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 05:00
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, yes....thank you all and sundry for your contributions. I couldn't agree with you more.

Yes we know that QCCA was set up for A380 et. al. purposes

Yes we know that QCCA is a cheaper alternative and that there is an available pool of ready labour.

Yes we know there is CURRENTLY no provision for SH to transfer to the A380.

Yes we know about the 2 year deal for International crew working under Part 1 of EBA8 etc. etc.; ad infitum; ad nauseum.....

Yes you are all stating fact...I couldn't agree with you more.

If you've been diligent enough to carefully read my second post...the proposal relates ONLY to the minimum 20% QAL complement...not the remaining 80%. I never said that the whole A380 would be crewed by SH...so please untangle your undergarments from their elaborate twists and knots.

READ CAREFULLY: The reason why this proposal is currently being considered is because the company is having difficulty obtaining numbers for the minimum 20% QAL element. Yes we know they have a multitude of current QCCA crew who can fill in the other 80%, but they don't have enough to fill in the 20% 'Old Blood' component.

The pure and simple truth is: Current International Crew have shown little interest in taking up the secondment; therefore, the company is looking at SH to fill up the 20%. Got it? Good! Now calm down and have a hot cup of Earl Grey tea served in a Galaxy paper cup.

The next time you sign on at QCC1...go have a chat with N.B. in his office about this proposal. As I said before...this is a proposal....it is not set in concrete. One can argue til they go blue in the face that the A380 is a LH aircraft blah blah blah....the fact is, they need to fill in the 20% 'Old Blood' and they are considering BCBs who are on the Divisonal Transfer List.

Now if you'll excuse me...I have some rubbish to collect with my garbage collection cart in the Versace Lounge.

P.S. I have a lot of respect for you Pegasus747 and this post was not intended to take a swipe at you or anyone.