PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Bye Geoff, you wont be missed
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2008, 09:47
Speedbird61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the pleasure to attend todays Qantas AGM, and I must say some staff had balls to get up and say what they thought about how Dixon has treated his staff.
Near the end it became a personal attack by staff to Dixon, and I must say Clifford handled the situation very well, even though, most questions were never answered in full.

Yes its the 37,000 Qantas staff that have made Qantas what it is today, but the staff always seem to come last.

Some simple advice for Allan Joyce, is not to crap on your staff, and not make them feel threatened everyday with rumours of outsourcing, selling off various divisions of Qantas, and try to win back the loyality of your staff, because believe me now its rock bottom, and it reflects on service, which then annoys passengers, who in turn fly with another airline if they have a choice.

Its not rocket science, put staff first, customers second, and shareholders third.
happy staff = happy customer = lots of money = happy shareholders, is this really that hard to do ?

Worried about future on a daily basis = bad service, and I don't give a toss attitude which is happening now in all areas of Qantas + very unhappy customer = not so much money for Qantas = very unhappy shareholder.

Geoff Dixon was a great leader, he has steered Qantas through some very tubulent times, but please show some respect to your staff.

I hope Allan Joyce reads this.