PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any NSW Commuter pilots?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 06:11
LambOfGod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any NSW Commuter pilots?

Hi, I'm 16 and want to know about commuter jobs within Australia, mainly NSW. I hear they take low hour pilots with single GA type flying. I wouldn't expect a great deal in salary so if it were preferably close to home, I could have a higer paid job non-flying...

As for commuter services, how does it lead into opperating larger aircraft and getting hired by regional airlines? I know many pilot's get an intructors rating, me being a student pilot leads me to believe it would be quite stressful and nerve racking... And besides, I'd much rather fly a C210 or 182 (anything realy) out to some wicked new place.

So, can you tell me your experience including age, salary, did you enjoy it, were they nice planes etc. Even if you did something completely different can you tell me how YOU started or are starting a career in avation.

Hmmm.... I thought I might ask this one;
I read some pilots saying don't make the same mistake I did, or, flying is the worst career ever.
Can you tell me, are these pilot's just rich and thought, 'I'll give it a try' or wanted to fly for the glamour and big bux of the "Catch me if you can" pilot? (thats a movie by the way)

Thanks