PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2008, 19:05
jualbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody. Itīs my first message. I knew about you thanks to Enrique. Iīm very pleased to meet you and hope to be useful in all questions you are writing.

I would like to make a question about something of 24th may downings. In some texts I could read about a fourth Dagger that scaped from Sea Harriers. Did it really exist? "Oro" flight was only three planes. But just this zone (Pebble island), was selected for a Dagger from "Plata" flight to return home after attacking in San Carlos Bay. "Plata" took off from San Julian just before "Oro" and was entering San Carlos entrance when listened by radio the interception by Sea Harrier of their fellows. According to 1st Lt Callejo, just after this he dropped his bombs over orange fuel tanks in land in the north shore of San Carlos Bay and then turned left to look for cape Dolphin. After finding it, followed his turning left towards west. Just close to finish his cross over Falklands sound, saw a frigate on his right, just north east of Pebble island (The SAM trap I think- Broadsword+Coventry). A missile was fired against him who faced the threat turning right (toward the missile) and jettisoning his fuel tanks (in fact one of them didnīt drop). After avoiding the missile, changed his turn to look for land, flying supersonically. He followed his way towards west overflying Pebble and the rest of islands north of West Falkland until he passed them where he slowed and raised the plane in order to save fuel to get home. He didnīt saw any Sea Harrier but think could be the fourth one.

Regards from Spain