PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 21:37
reydelcastillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Spencer Mr Teeej Mr AIR

Good Afternoon Sir Mr Tommy Joe from Military Photos told me that you were in search of info regarding Captain Garcia Cuerva -

I will request all the info prior to him been shot down by us to the Argie Forum and bring it to you -

On that afternoon thge Air Force Radra was in contact with Garcia Cuerva , he reported low fuel and that he was coming into the Airport , Mayor Silva from the Air Force was talking to him , instructed garcia cuerva to eject , Garcia Cuerva states that his plane is in good shape that he was confident it will land - After some back and forward with this and not been able to convince Gracia Cuerva to eject , Mayor Silva from Air Force Rdara lets CIC /PCDA ( Air Post Command in the islands ) that the plane is coming in - At that moment CIC/PCDA lets me know about this ( Army Long Range Radar ) and lets the Triple A units know about it -
At that moment in time we were under Red Alert with Reds incoming , Silva instrcts Garcia Cuerva to use the corridor in use for Helos - He comes in low , 180 Knts and what we think he did was either let go external tanks or shoots its missils wich for triple A even though had been told about this plane they take it as Red and not Blue -
He comes in north off Sapper Hill , unloads either external tanks or missils , missinterpretd by our Tripple A , shot by 35 mm , impacts hit belly of the plane , plane makes right turn heading south , still in comunication with Silva to whom heis last words were " They are shooting me " Plane looses altitude , doen not explote in the air , impacts right were land meets sea line - General location would be due south of Port Stanley right by the SEa Line ( were sea meets land )

Regarding what Garcia Cuerva encounter while in the air or which Royal Air Force Plane fought with him , I don't know let me ask in the Argie Forun =

Regardes Enrique Rey