PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair incident Ciampino.
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 07:31
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that last post was partly addressed at my post so I feel I should point out to you that my advice to you and your company was to solve your post #320
Originally Posted by rubik
hear nothing from the cockpit
so they do indeed 'hear something'. In your latest scenario, the pax 'bring it on themselves', and may choose to evacuate into running engines. That is indeed a tragedy, but someone needs to collect the Darwin awards each year. Our "stock phrases from SOPs that are meant to cover such situations," are meant to mainly cover the c/crews' concerns, and obviously to HOPE the pax might take notice.

I cannot see how your scenario has any relevance to company 'SOPs' since NOTHING short of locking the exits can prevent such events. The best the c/crew can do is to let the flight deck know immediately, and those of us who are aware of the possibility are in the habit of checking the door warnings during our 'deliberation period' so hopefully we might shut the engines down in time.

It also has not a lot to do with the CIA incident either as you say, except that I should ask in a non-provacative/judgemental way whether Ry's SOPs should have called for a c/crew initiated evac in that situation?