PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 04:59
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real reason I left...

(By the way, Petal, it is "its", not "it's"! But never mind that now.)

Where was I? Oh, yes, the real reason I left Bristow. (Can I say Bristow here? I thought this was anonymous?) I wanted them to develop a cure for cancer along with reforming the totally warped way Nigerian society operates.

All we ever got was full-time status for one driver, advanced for either being brave or stupid there when he stuck to his helm instead of legging it at the Chicken Tetrazzini Corral. Now even that has gone, seemingly but at the time I chose to count that as progress in reforming Nigeria.

Promotion on merit, rewarding competence, weeding out the dullards, drunks and obvious flaming feckwits... nope. That sort of thing was just left to life itself to get done, a slow, frustrating process.

But the final straw was wanting to see more effort put into developing a cure for cancer. There was a total lack of focus and when I mentioned that all I got was that tired old, "This is just an aviation company, not The Little Sisters of the Poor." That was it for me so that I just said, "I'm off!"

Here and now cancer research facilities are scanty so that I have turned to training Eric my pet camel spider to talk...