PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the day of some Ppruners
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 03:51
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Kenny,

I don't think it's Dirigible that needs to chill. That whole diatribe above is a reaction from ff because some of us dared not to find his original dis-jointed, badly spelled and punctuated attempt at observational humor funny.

ff,

My original response to you was, in fact, supposed to be a humorous counter point to your post. You painted a picture of being a married guy in EK as pretty miserable. I just tried to point out that miserable people tend to be miserable whatever their circumstances. As this might have been taken as a criticism, didn't you have a strop!! OBVIOUSLY a humorless ass if I didn't ROFL at your (pretty obvious, though very hard to read) wonderful creation!!

Humor is very subjective. Blonds don't generally like blond jokes, black people don't often like black jokes, and just try telling a devout
Muslim the one about Muhammad (PB UH) and the stripper!!

So, just maybe, people in happy marriages don't find descriptions of Expat wives as money-crunching bitches, or the very funny idea that EVERYONE has marriage problems that funny. I don't think friends in the middle of Divorces and bitter custody battles would find it that funny either. Did your wife find it amusing?

And PLEASE!! Download ispell. If you want to write in English, it is NOT being some Spelling Nazi to ask that you at least try and make it intelligible English. I imagine you use CAPITALS for the start of sentences and proper nouns (like I) in your native tongue?

As to humor, Love Python, Carey way over does it,and Lewis was no good without Martin. Try Marx Bros, Robin Williams doing stand-up or any of Woody Allen's early stuff and we'll talk.

You'll enjoy command, the F/Os ALWAYS laugh at your jokes.