PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Training Partnership (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 16:14
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caveat Emptor

Do not pay for a TR without a job offer. The only TR scheme worth its salt is the Ryanair scheme which does offer a job subject to you passing all aspects of the TR course.

Please listen to the advice said so often before. Keep the money in the bank and wait for better times. They will come at some point so be financially ready for that day.

Do not pay for a TR without a job offer. Less than 500hrs on type is not worth much now. There are hundereds of pilots with thousands of hours on Airbus and Boeing family aircraft out there looking for jobs. You do not realistically stand a chance.

These are desperate times for newbies. There is a saying that desperate times mean desperate measures. It doesn't mean doing something stupid. Paying for a TR with no absolutely guaranteed (subject to passing the course) job I reckon counts as stupid.

Incidentally, I do work for Ryanair and they are not my first employer and they did pay for my TR. My experience of them over last 18mths has been nothing other than good and i don't fly with any FO who doesn't believe they are in the best place possible too.