PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 320 CB reset guide
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 08:55
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone would like a copy PM me your email address and I will foward it to you. Those critical of it will have a chance to examin it and point out any errors or problems that could result from its use.

There is much unofficial study material available from reputable companies for those wishing to study aircraft systems. Most pilots I know have a folder containing information such as enroute radio frequencies, ATIS frequencies, phone numbers, conversion charts, route notes, where to find stuff in the FCOMS (eg. manual engine start) etc. The presentation varies between ready to publish, and my Grannies recipe clippings.

For FL to Metre conversions, use of the company supplied chart is mandatory, no personal documentation allowed. Has anyone here ever had to convert from imperial to metric or vice versa. Where did you get the formulae from ? One kilo is 2.20462262lbs according to Google, was that the rate you used or did you get it somewhere else, an approved source, or did you already 'know' a kilo = 2.2 lbs ?

Back in the early days of aviation, a pilot used to make his own route notes. He was forever being asked to lend these out and decided to publish them. "Hey Jepp, can I borrow your notes ?" was a much used phrase.